Monday, May 4, 2015

Night Time Skin Care & Tips

I am finally getting around to sharing with you my nightly skin care routine and tips! However I am warning you this is going to be a long one. 



So before I can talk about my skin care routine you first should know a little about my skin. I would say my skin is combination / oily. My T zone gets very oily however my cheeks are more dry. I also have really sensitive skin as well. As for breakouts my acne is pretty hormonal and flairs up during my "time of the mouth". Ok now that you know my skin type lets get into the products I use... 




Step 1: I remove any make up with the Pods make up removing wipes (I forgot to picture them above). 

Step 2:  I wash my face with the CeraVe Foaming Facial cleanser. I use my Clarisonic Mia 2 to help give my face a deep wash a few times a week. If you have this I recommend changing the brush head to the delicate one so it's less harsh on your skin. This is not a must have item however it does reduce the size of pores and makes your skin feel so clean! 

Step 3: I few times a week I will exfoliate my skin with a St. Ives scrub to help get ride of dead skin. When you exfoliate DON'T use the Clarisonic to because it's to harsh. 

Step 4: I then use Dickinson's witch hazel as a natural toner by putting it on a cotton round and applying it all over my face.

Step 5: I moisturize my face with the CeraVe PM cream  making sure to also apply some to my neck as well . 

Step 6: I then apply CeraVe eye repair cream  under my eyes and on my eyelids to help reduce the look of dark circles. 

Step 7: Finally I use Queen Helene's mint face mask as a pimple treatment. I apply this mask to any inflammations I have and I leave it on over night! In the morning my acne is smaller and less red. I think this works better then any acne spot treatment. 


Well that is my skin care routine that I finally am happy with! It has taken me quite some time and I have learned many tips along the way I am going to share... 

1. Understand that know matter how hard you try and what products you buy know ones skin is perfect. Everyone has imperfections but having a proper skin care routine is helpful! 

2. Don't switch your products all the time. Once you like something stick with it. 

3. Make sure to change your sheets and face towels at least once or twice a week. This will reduce the amount of bacteria that can start. 

4. Spending more money does not always mean a better product. 

5. Take a daily multivitamin with Biotin to help improve the look of your skin & nails. 

6. Always remove your make up before bed & going to the gym. 

7. Always print a $2 off CeraVe coupon before you buy something from CeraVe. 

8. If your skin is really not improving don't be affairs to seek out a dermatologist.  

I really hope you enjoyed this post and I plan on doing may more beauty related posts like this ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment