Tuesday, August 19, 2014

DIY Rope Boat Bracelet

Today I am going to show you how to make this SUPER cute bracelet and it's pretty simple. I saw this bracelet on J-crew and similar ones on my trip to Michigan and thought "Hey I can make something like that for way less money". So I headed to Joann and got supplies to make this bracelet. Let me know if you make one in the comments or take a picture and hash tag it #melchicmaydiy on Instagram :) 
J-crew one 
DIY Version: 

Supplies: 
1. Hot glue or a strong bond glue- I started off using a super type glue but found the hot glue to work the best. 
2. Tape 
3. Scissors
4. Large clasps of your choice- make sure they fit the rope
5. Large jump rings that match the clasps 
6. Thick navy rope- I found mine in the bulk fabric section at Joann
7. Thin white rope- found at Joann as well
8. Thin gold thread 
NOTE 1: When buying the smaller thread make sure it's not to thick (I made that mistake) 
NOTE 2: These bracelets are very customizable because you can pick any color combo you would like 


Step 1: 
Cut the rope to fit your wrist. Leave room for the clasp and make a loop with the rope where the ends meet in the center so there are no knots. 

Step 2: 
Tape the two ends of the rope to avoid fraying


Step 3: 
Add the clasp and jump ring to both sides of the rope 

Step 4: 
Glue the ends of the rope together in the middle so it's even on both sides.


Step 5: 
Wrap the white rope around both sides of the navy rope securing it down with hot glue on the back (the side that would face your wrist). 

Step 6: 
Wrap the gold thread in between the white rope securing if down with glue. This will also hide the glue that is holding the navy rope together. 


Clean up any glue and your DONE :) It sounds complicated but it's really easy!! 



Just an FYI I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow :( so I may or may not have a post up for the next few days depending on how I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment